Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

What are you playing?

12346»

Comments

• 160 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I ended up getting Mario vs. Rabbis for Christmas - just played through the first 4 missions or so - what a well-done game.  If feels like playing an animated, Pixar-like movie.  I'm really impressed.
  • Mario vs........Rabbis? ;)

Those poor rabbis never saw the invincibility star coming.
  • MattyDoo said:

Mario vs........Rabbis? ;)

Those poor rabbis never saw the invincibility star coming.

Mario: Itsa me, Mario!
    Rabbis: Oy Vey!

Side note, if my spelling error was a game, I'd TOTALLY buy it.  I mean...for the circumcision  and latke attacks alone.

Mario: oh-a no...their-a goes-a my a-salami! 
  • I just started playing Axiom Verge again.  I can't recommend it enough.  If you are a fan of the original Metroid or Super Metroid, you'll love it.  It's the first game I've played in a long time that lives up to the promise of making you feel like you are playing a long lost classic again for the first time.  It has a small discount on Switch right now (5 bucks off) and you can usually get it pretty cheap on Steam.  
  • I’ll have to remember that one!

I got Xenoblade Chronicles and NBA2K for Christmas, but I also got the Super Nintendo Mini. My childhood in a box! I’ve been playing Punch Out! and Contra III a lot, and I plan on starting Secret of Mana after I finish Yuko Laylee. Next time we do a Video Game Night, I will bring it with me. It has the original Mario Kart, Street Fighter II, and some other classic games we used to play together.

C
  • I might play Super Smash Bros. Melee on the Wii today with Ashlee. That's about it.
  • SuperCDad - try out "Earthbound" if you haven't already (on the Mini). I've only played it via emulation - but what I've played of it I've absolutely loved.

I'm about half way through Mario vs. Rabbids (or Rabbi's lol) and I can't believe how much I enjoy it. I haven't enjoyed a turn-based tactical game like this in...well...forever.  I always liked the idea of X-com, but could never get into it, however this game is a winner on all fronts.
  • Earthbound is on my list too. I went from having no games to play to like 33 lol.

I beat Yuko-Laylee. I’m still about 25 ”pagies” - basically Mario Stars - short, but maybe I will go back and get the remaining ones sometime. Overall loved the game. Controls were a bit hard to handle at first, but they got easier (especially when you get some special moves, like a hover). But if you liked Banjo Kazooie back in the day, then this is a must-have.

By the way, NBA2K is awesome too. But I fucking hate Steph Curry. Michael always plays as the Warriors, and Curry will hit every 3 even if the timing is late and the coverage is tight. Sigh.

C
  • So what you are saying is that Steph Curry is like the Suns Gorilla of NBA Jam?
  • TheLion said:

So what you are saying is that Steph Curry is like the Suns Gorilla of NBA Jam?

Lol!

C