Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Ash Vs. Evil Dead

I believe Joe and I are the only one's that have watched this, but I just finished the first Season yesterday and all I can say is this:

This show is better than it should be on every count.  Holy Shit - it's like a 5 and a half love letter to the original movies only...in many ways...it's better because it benefits from character development and the longer run time.  I can't wait for the second season.

Also, it features the best use of the song, "Just the two of us." Ever.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm going to try to watch these with the free Starz subscription on Amazon this week. Eventually I hope to pull off the same feat with "Homeland" on the Showtime free trial, though that'd be a tall order.

Gonna watch the first one now. I'll keep you posted!
  • This goddamn show is an absolute love note to anyone who even mildly chuckled at the original movies.  It's all love for the fans.  Hot damn.
  • Also...this show has so many fantastic lines and one-liners, I can't wait for everyone to catch up!  I think it was episode 3 that really hooked me (as I recall the humor was fantastic).
  • Yeah, without a doubt, this was way more fun and interesting than I would have expected. Had no expectations for this series, and no real burning love for the movies (though I did enjoy them when we watched them in college), but I really enjoyed the hell out of this series. It felt like the movies without feeling like a tired reboot, it captured the essence and campiness of the originals without making itself a parody, and it was serious without being too serious, if that makes sense.

Highly recommended, well worth the "free trial" of Starz on Amazon Instant Video to knock it out in a week, and definitely looking forward to season 2.
  • Excellent concise review, Matt.  Well said.