Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

The Tick (2017)

Anybody else watching this on Amazon Prime?  It's perfect.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Good to hear! It is on my backlog so hopefully I can get to it sooner rather than later!
  • Just finished the first 6 episodes (they broke up the season into two parts so the next 6 won't be aired until later this year) and my verdict still?  Perfect.  I'm really shocked they pulled it off, but it's fantastic.
  • As good as Iron Fist? :-)

It's on my backlog as well. Now that I've blown through "Rick and Morty," which amuses me in its own childish way, I've still got a lot to get through (in no particular order):

American Gods
    Preacher, Season 2
    Black Mirror
    Ozarks
    MST3K - new Netflix episodes
    Humans
    Mr. Robot, Season 2
    Handmaid's Tale
    The Tick
    Defenders
    The OA
    Logan
    Wonder Woman
    Life
    John Wick and John Wick 2
    Ash vs. Evil Dead, Season 2

That's all I can think of so far, though there's probably something else that I'm forgetting. But I *am* glad to hear that Tick lived up to a lot of the early hype. I'm excited!!
  • I'm almost finished with Defenders and really enjoy it.  It's a slow burn, but fun.
  • Two episodes in. So far I'm enjoying it!
  • I thought it was fantastic but can't say any more until you finish.
  • Finished the first six just now. Keep in mind that I never watched the cartoon, blasphemous as that might be in our little group, and while I did watch the Fox TV series with Puddy back in the day, I have only a peripheral knowledge of the character and the universe of the show.

That said, I really liked the Amazon series. It's goofy and serious at the same time, humanizing while cartoony. There are several laugh-out-loud moments and a few touching scenes that really hit home. And I'm definitely interested in seeing where the rest of the season goes.

And, of course, Arthur's sister is hot.
  • All accurate.  I really loved this show.  And I thought the last line of the 6th episode was perfect.  All in all, I might go as far as saying this is my favorite incarnation of the character.
  • Wow, that's quite the endorsement.  I might have to give this a chance.