Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Big Mouth

Curious if any of you have watched "Big Mouth" on Netflix. It's animated. I won't say any more than that.

I'm genuinely curious your thoughts!

Comments

• 17 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It seems terrifying.  Wasn't planning on watching it.
  • I don't think you'll like it.
  • I just saw the placeholder image of it that shows a kid with his laptop and a unique...thing...bracing the back of it from underneath the covers. :)
  • Since Matt doesn't want the content spoiled, I won't go into what it is.  I know I'm unfairly writing it off without seeing it, but the content was what turned me off.
  • dumps said:

Since Matt doesn't want the content spoiled, I won't go into what it is.  I know I'm unfairly writing it off without seeing it, but the content was what turned me off.

Yeah, definitely not your thing, buddy. No worries.

I'm not being intentionally cryptic, though. It's an animated show about puberty that, actually, is somewhat true to life in terms of the awkwardness and experiences. And it cleansed the palate nicely from binging "Black Mirror," which is wonderful but such a friggin downer.
  • I watched most of the first episode (I'll finish it today), but...it is fairly accurate as far as the feelings of puberty back then.  And...I did laugh quite a bit.  I could see it being helpful for awkward teenagers to just know that their feelings are universal, etc.
  • I don't need to watch an animated series about how bad I was as a teenager.  Stop wearing me down.
  • "I don't know man...you bleed out of your vagina once a month...that shit will change you."

This show has a singing tampon singing a parody of an R.E.M. song.  

So, I'm two episodes in and I have to say the show feels like a mix of Clerks: The Animated Series crossed with Clone High married to some form of extreme puberty.  And a singing tampon.  That being said...I think it's pretty great.  At least so far...we'll see after the rest of the season.
  • Apparently, some of the kids in my daughter's third grade class are watching it.
  • Yeah, not in any way appropriate for kids!

There's an entire episode dedicated to fucking a pillow.
  • This is a show we absolutely needed to watch together, Mike! :D
  • MattyDoo said:

There's an entire episode dedicated to fucking a pillow.

Ah, to be young and in lust. I always preferred C’s grill over a pillow but I don’t judge.

Anyways you guys have me intrigued by this show but I get the feeling it is one I won’t be able to watch at the gym.
  • "Fuck a pillow? We need to watch this!"

Yeah, I'm doubly out, now.  You know me, always hating something without giving it a chance.  
    :P
  • MattyDoo said:

This is a show we absolutely needed to watch together, Mike! :D

This has to happen!
  • Also, I just watched episode 3 and now I want these three movies to be real:
    • Paul Bunyan in New York (starring The Rock)
    and the Christmas movies:
    • Tyler Perry's Atlanta Claus
    • Santa Monica starring Robert DeNiro

This show is so great.

• Do NOT watch it at the gym. Or anywhere public. Or within earshot of anyone you love who might be off put by a giant hormone monster with a dick nose.
  • dumps said:

"Fuck a pillow? We need to watch this!"

Yeah, I'm doubly out, now.  You know me, always hating something without giving it a chance.  
    :P
    This is the "Deep Blue Sea" of animated cartoon watching for you, Joe.

Pillows can't have sex!

You're better off not watching. :))
  • TheLion said:

Also, I just watched episode 3 and now I want these three movies to be real:

• Paul Bunyan in New York (starring The Rock)
    and the Christmas movies:
    • Tyler Perry's Atlanta Claus
    • Santa Monica starring Robert DeNiro

This show is so great.

Yes!

It loses steam midway through the season but does have its moments throughout!